Welcome to our new weekly update!
We've focused this weekly update on some of the feedback we received (thanks Raymond for your #feedback form) through Discord (#feedback and #polls).
This weekly update includes some rebalancing of some skills as well as some new skill content.
We've also translated the entirety of the network to french to expand on a new community.
Fishing and Cooking
We've added 9 new types of fish to rebalance fishing. We've rebalanced low and high tier fishes. Here is a full list:
- Sardine: from 11xp to 12xp
- Herring: from 13xp to 15xp
- Anchovies: from 15xp to 20xp
- Trout: from 18 xp to 30xp
- Salmon: from 26xp to 40xp
- Tuna: from 30xp to 50xp
- Lobster: from 38xp to 65xp
- Added bass (level 45, 80xp)
- Swordfish: from 179xp to 110xp
- Added tench (level 55, 122 xp)
- Added monkfish (level 60, 130xp)
- Added karambwan (level 65, 145xp)
- Added sturgeon (level 70, 170xp)
- Shark: from 314xp to 250xp
- Added sea turtle (level 80, 350xp)
- Added manta ray (level 85, 700xp)
- Added dark crab (level 90, 900xp)
- Added eel (level 95, 1000xp)
We've also changed the burning probability so that it is consistent for all items: 90% overall success rate.
We also added these new fishes to the cooking skill and rebalanced the old recipes so that the overall xp chart of both of these skills matches. Check the skill UI for more detail.
We also fixed these bugs related to cooking and fishing:
- GB-313 Infinite fires should work like player made fires
- GB-307 The raw and cooked herring icons are inverted
We've rebalanced farming to fix the slow xp rate for high levels. Here is a list of the xp change:
- Changed beetroot from 40xp to 80xp (2.8xp/s to 5.5xp/s)
- Changed apple from 50xp to 120xp (5xp/s to 12xp/s)
- Changed lemon from 246xp to 260xp (16.4xp/s to 17.3xp/s)
We fixed this bug related to farming:
- GB-276 Strawberry bushes are disappearing after a while
We've added a new slayer master in Canifis called Rulf that gives longer tasks (He will be eventually moved to another dungeon).
We've buffed the slayer xp per kill on an active task by 2.5 times.
We've changed the thieving probability depending on your thieving level:
- Similar level: 25% to 50% of a successful steal
- +5 level difference: 50% of a successful steal
- +10 level difference: 60% of a successful steal
- +15 level difference: 70% of a successful steal
- +20 level difference: 80% of a successful steal
- +30 level difference: 90% of a successful steal
We've also doubled the base thieving rate (spamming right click) and buffed the thieving success xp by : 1 + mobThievingLevel/99
As mentioned in #polls in Discord we have changed how arrows work and changed the damage values of bows.
This results in having a debuff in low tier bows/arrows and a buff in high tier bows/arrows.
Arrows now act as a buffer :
- Bronze: 0.8
- Iron: 1
- Steel: 1.2
- Mithril: 1.4
- Adamant: 1.6
- Rune: 1.8
And bows now have these base damage values :
- Oak: 14
- Willow: 19
- Teak: 24
- Pine: 34
- Sequoia: 44
- Baobab: 64
We've separated the stores from the grand exchange.
Stores now have stocks that resupply every hour and have items up to mithril.
The prices on items depend on the supply. A low stock item will be more expensive to buy than a highly supplied item. The selling prices are at max 50% off the base price and can go down to 1 gp if the stock has an extreme supply of item (on very rare occasions).
An item is in high-demand if the amount is in orange-red, and in high-supply if the number is in blue.
Other bug fixes
Here is a list of all the other bugs we have fixed:
- GB-312 Exploration: The player is not receiving xp after visiting 5 different point of interests. He should be getting 500xp after 5 unique POIs
- GB-308 The teleport messages are flashing. Their transition should be smoother
- GB-306 B.O.T.H. The killstreak daily challenge is broken
- GB-295 Cobweb adjacent to water. The player should get teleported to the nearest safe block to prevent him/her from being stuck
- GB-289 Custom rank colors reset on relog
- GB-286 Infernal mages drop an invalid apocalypse wand item
We've also added some messaging commands: /msg and /r as well as a /ignore, /unignore and /ignorelist.
We translated the whole network to french and added a language based chat channel: If you set your language in french, you will be talking in the french channel (all messages will be prefixed by a french flag).
Joining through the ip : fr.gameslabs.net will force your language to french.
And as always we've added new weekly challenges!
Tell us what you think about this update on our Discord!
Enjoy this weekly update.